Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Not much news

Nothing much to tell you from the past two days – been as busy as anything – seems like there is heaps to do at home although K has had assignments to work on and I have needed to help her with some of that so that takes up quite a bit of time. I usually post this at lunch time but yesterday was busy with my thank you cards and so didn’t get a chance – not that there was much to say !!!!
Waterwise I haven’t been very good – have been having some water to drink during the day at work but not enough. I went to pilates last night and had a good work out – I did think that I would have felt it this morning but it wasn’t too bad.
Am really missing Al – could just eat anything and everything BUT, so far have managed to curb those actions !!!! I am on track with points although haven’t had much in the way of veggies this week – did have a lovely salad and ham sandwich (which I made at 11.30pm last night !) and it was full of lettuce and carrots. K wanted tomato and cucumber on her sandwich but I don’t like them because they make the bread go soggy (especially when you make them the night before !!!) Also want to try to make Mel’s point free pumpkin soup on the weekend – I love pumpkin soup and so could have that as a snack and take care of some veggie servings each day.
Oh yes – Kaitlin had the first half of her athletics carnival yesterday (she is in 11 events over the 2 days) – these are her results :1st 100m, 1st hurdles, 2nd shot putt, 3rd 1500m, 3rd discus, 4th long jump
As you can imagine she is as pleased as punch with herself. I am very proud of her as she doesn’t enjoy athletics and I was so surprised when she told me she was in so many events – she said that nobody else wanted to participate in some of them and so she said she would as she didn’t want to let the house down by not having anyone in a particular event. I thought she would be trounced by the children from the other houses – looks like she managed to hold her own against them. Needless to say she was exhausted last night – the second half is on Friday so will try to get her to bed earlier on Thursday night.
That’s it for today – am off to get some groceries but will NOT be buying anything that I shouldn’t because I don’t think I can resist the temptation right now and if it is there, I am sure to eat it !!!!

TFTD : When it is time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived.

TIAGF : The good health of our family and friends.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Your TFTD is great! So true. Your Kaitlin sounds like such a great girl - her attitude and the way she thinks about things - it shows just what a great job you and Al are doing with her. I hope Amelia grows up the same :-)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Learning Leaders said...

Hi Linda

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I am feeling back on top of things for now so I hope that feeling runs through the rest of the week.

Well done to K for the sports carnival too - I really hated those things when I was at school so I am always pleased to see kids who actually enjoy them and do well.

thanks again

lb

1:49 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

You are doing so well, you always seem to be able to curb the emotional eating - well done!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

It sounds like you are coping really well without Al by keeping busy. The pumpkin soup sounds really good too. Will have to try it myself, yum. A big congrats to K too! What a great kid and I'm so happy to hear that she participated. You must be so proud. I think you have given her a really good grounding in life :-)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a great TFTD. This won't happen to me. I have lived and very happily with few regrets.

Congrats to K the little sporting shark. She has been hiding her talents.

And well done to you for not letting yourself give in to the lonely eating. Al is going to be so surprised when he comes home. And rightly proud.

Hope you have a brilliant day tomorrow :)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Well done for not overeating while missing DH.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home