Sunday, August 28, 2005

Another weekend over

Well Al is on his way and we are mooching around the house this afternoon. I think that the first couple of hours are the worst.
We had a great last few days together - had a good evening on Friday night catching up with some friends - did lots of talking and laughing. We got to bed at about 11pm and then lay there talking until about 2am - it was lovely. Yesterday we didn’t manage to have muffins as we worked in the garden before going to the mall and by the time we got there it was too late to have muffins as we had an appointment at 11.15 so we landed up having lunch, going to the library, going to the tip and then off to Australia Fair. Al and K had Baskin and Robbins - I was going to have as well but then I remembered the size 10 jeans and really wanted to wear them comfortably so just had a mouthful of each of theirs. What I did find out though was that I had to buy some new nickers - the size 10 jeans are lower than my others and I am not a fan of the ‘show your knickers outside your pants’ style so had to go and buy some new ones. So, my $10 jeans worked out a little more expensive after I had to buy the undies to wear with them - but it was great buying some new undies !!!!!!
We came home and fiddled around a bit before going out for Al’s birthday and Father’s day dinner - we couldn’t get into The Lost City so landed up at Oxenford Tavern and had a great meal - I had Tasmanian salmon, Al had a lovely steak and K had chicken nuggets and chips - all in all a great evening with lots of laughing.
I was going to have a muffin at the airport when we sat down to wait for Al to go through but they didn’t look all that appetising so we thought we would stop at Logan on the way home - we had muffins there at Muffin Break but they aren’t nearly as nice as the ones from our local Muffin Break so next time will wait until we get back home to have them. Had a wander around there before popping in to see my folks at the market. Then I dropped K at home and went to do some shopping before coming home to catch up with everyone.
I think that we will be having an early night tonight - unless the cricket gets interesting (although I can’t see that happening as the last I heard we were getting a big smack !!) - have got all the washing done so all I need to do now is get something done for dinner and lunches done for tomorrow. I am sure to hear from Al later tonight once he has landed - I thought the flight was 7 hours but it is nearly 9 hours.
I am hoping for another loss tomorrow night - maybe I won’t pay before I weigh - just in case I make it !!!!!!! Actually, I don’t think it will be that big - but there is no harm in hoping !!!!! I forgot to buy some more fruit when I was at the shops today so will have to get some tomorrow. Take care everyone and have a great week. I hope that things are starting to get better for those of you who have been doing it tough lately.

TFTD : Sometimes life is a rodeo, the trick is to ride and make it to the bell.

TIAGF : Clean sheets and warm pj’s

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend. It's definitely worth holding out for the good muffins :)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You and Al have such a good relationship. I'm so happy to hear you had a great weekend together and those size 10 jeans are really making you work for it LOL. Good on you for not digging in to a whole icecream and YAY for new knickers.

You are so close now too!! How exciting! Have fun at weigh in :-)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Good luck with your weight in. Glad you had a nice few days.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Learning Leaders said...

The weekend sounds great and good choice on no Baskins Robbins. Think of it this way - a pair of new undies compared to the cost of a BR pigout - priceless. Look forward to results tomorrow.

lb

11:15 AM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Wow - I hope that Tom and I are still as close as you and Al are when we're 40... what a lovely relationship you've got. It must be hard without him when he goes - lots of hugs to you. You can always come and hear me play on Friday night to cheer you up! I'll write about it on my blog later tonight so check out the details there.

Good luck with weigh in - you have certainly exercised some restraint in the last few days (you really like those muffins, don't you?!) so I'm sure you'll be fine.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Linda

Wow, size 10 jeans! Well done! Good luck for your weigh in.

I know what you mean about the muffins. Sometimes I will get a craving and then I will go everywhere trying to find the right thing to satisfy it. About a month ago, I had this ridiculous craving for a portuguese custard tart and I went everywhere in Parramatta looking for one. I then caught the train back home and wandered around Edgecliff and Bondi Junction looking for one. Couldn't find one and I just gave up. Now that I don't want one, I see them everywhere!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Good luck for your weigh in tonight!! :-)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Love the smell of fresh clean sheets. And snuggling in warm PJ's. That's my kind of night :)

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home