Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Feeling lousy

Am not sure what it is today but I am feeling really yucky – hope I am not coming down with something as I really can’t afford to get sick. Actually – don’t know that I feel sick – more just out of sorts about everything.
Went to pilates last night and had a good class. Even better was when I was scratching through my drawers looking for something to wear I came across a Reebok tracksuit that we bought when we were in America in 1996 – I have worn the top on occasions but not the pants (since about 1996 !!!) – anyway, I put them on and they fitted me !!!!!! Actually – they are a little bit big but never mind – they are good to wear over my pilates gear when it is a little chilly (not that they are very warm but at least I am covered !!) So that was good.
Got home and we had left over meat and veggies from the BBQ on then didn’t get up to much except watch CSI before going to bed. Stayed awake until about 11pm before hitting the bed – woke up this morning with back ache again – so know that 71/2 hours in bed is too long – seems like my normal 4-5 hours is about right. The only trouble is that if I am really tired I can’t stay awake as late as I normally do when I work – will have to try to figure out how to get around that. My chiro is moving to Adelaide and so we are going to swop to a guy who is closer to us and I will speak to him and see what he can suggest.
Really feel like all I want to do is eat chocolate today – have to do some grocery shopping so better make sure I have eaten before I go otherwise I know what will happen – the fatal wait at the check out counter !!!!! Al has some Nestle chocolate in the fridge but I don’t really like that so it is generally quite safe there – of course if it was Cadbury’s or Guerlain (not sure how you spell it but hey, when it tastes that good, who cares how it is spelt !!!) or a Boost or Caramello Bear – any nice chocolate really would be in grave danger of being eaten. Maybe I should just buy something – count the points – see if I want to spend that many on the treat – eat it and be done with it rather than sitting here drooling at the mouth just thinking about it !!!! If only we had more sugar points for the week !!!!!

TFTD : Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered with failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory or defeat.

TIAGF : Friends

12 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

Sorry you aren't feeling right. Hope tomorrow is better. I agree with Jodie, sometimes if you try to deny yourself completely it doesn't turn out well. Maybe a diet choc mousse would help?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Learning Leaders said...

I agree with you - work out the points of something you really want and have it and count it and don't end up running around wasting time and points like I have recently. Congrats on the weight loss - I have heard that the closer to goal the more difficult it is to budge. Also switching around the food is a good idea to try as well. Have a good one

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

hope u r feeling better soon - i know the feelin, not unwell but not quite right! gt yourself a small choccy treat like a freddo & eat it really slowly, i think they r only 2 pts. whoohoo on fitting into your old gears!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Love the thought for the day. Very relevant to me at the moment.

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

7:11 PM  
Blogger C said...

Hey Linda, I hope you're feeling better soon. That's so ace about the tracky pants!! You must be so excited! How long have you been doing Pilates for? I have to run but when I get home I'll email you re the photos. And perhaps having a little bit of chocolate would not be a bad thing. :)

7:48 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Oh LInda, I hope you reward yourself with a little chocolate and it satisfies that craving. There is nothing worse than obsessing over what you can't have. Great news about those trackies!! Hope you are not getting the flu. It is so bad this year. Take care of yourself. You hav ebeen working very hard and probably need some pampering. Let Al look after you.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I love lots of sleep too but find that if I have too many hours, too many nights in a row - that is where I get into trouble. But I could go there now without any problem at all. One of the good benefits of medication.

I love your TFTD. Have a wonderful day and remember that a normal size freddo is only 2 points. :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I hope you are feeling better already!? You got to stop talking about chocolate hon coz that's what's been on my mind today too LOL :-) I hope you have a great weekend planned.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

Maybe a little caramello bear should get rid of those cravings!
Have a great weekend:)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hey... hope you are feeling ok? Miss your updates!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Me again, hope you are feeling better!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Have you ever tried an osteopath? They can do wonders!!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home