Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hooray for AJ, hip bones & chunks of light !

I have had a great day food wise – lousy day work wise – an okay day water wise and a fantastic day exercise wise !!!! Had a great workout tonight at pilates – was thinking about giving it a miss but then remembered that I had given it a miss last week due to work so dragged myself off and had a fantastic time. I found a chunk of light ! M was saying the other day how she noticed a sliver of light – well when we were doing our exercises tonight – I could see part of the instructor through my thighs !!!! I was soooo excited about it !! I almost broke out into a chuckle – can you imagine trying to explain that to the class !!!! The other good news was when I got there the early class was still happening so I lay down on one of the beds – 5 minutes to myself !!! As I was lying there I moved my arms onto my tummy and they came across these two things I haven’t seen for a very long time – my hip bones !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily nobody else was there otherwise they would have been really wondering what on earth I was doing – feeling my bones !!!!!!! What a great sensation – I am sure that they have been lurking around trying to come out from under the layers for a while and possibly have been out on one or two occasions but I think I might have been too busy at the time to notice and missed their appearance !! Anyway – it’s great to have them back again – long may they stay visible – more so when I am lying flat on my back but still there when I am standing up !!!!!
The other day I went to the library to pick up a book I had on hold and when I got there there were 3 books on hold – one of which was the second AJ Rochester book “The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Fit”. Paulene will support me on this one because she is the one who put me onto AJ in the first place – what a fantastic book. I started reading it before going to work last night but daren’t pick it up when I got home from work otherwise I would never have got to sleep – once you start you just can’t stop (sort of like Smarties / Cheese Twist biscuits / nuts / chocolate – am sure you get the picture !!!). Her mantra is what I would like to have at the top of my webpage but I am too stupid to be able to get it up there so here it is in the middle of my blog :

I commit to being the very best that I can be. I deserve to love, be loved and most importantly of all, to love myself. I deserve a healthy body and I will never give up on myself, no matter what happens, and I promise to do whatever it takes to make it happen. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Shazam !!!!!

For those of you who haven’t read her books – try to get them. If you are not a reader – try to read it anyway as she is just so on the button with what she writes – it is entertaining while being inspiring and motivating !
On that note I am off with AJ to bath and then hopefully to have an early night.
Take care everyone and be good – remember – you are worth it !!!

TFTD : There is no failure except in no longer trying.

TIAGF : Going to pilates

10 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Well done for finding your bones (hello girls) and chunks of light. Hooooora. If you want your new saying at the top, Click on Settings, go to Description, and paste it in there. Then it will appear under your heading at the top of the page.

It is fantastic. I think I'll check it out soon.

Have a great night Linda. Cheers. :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

LOL yay for seeing the light woman :-) Glad you went to pilates and felt up your hip bones..hehe. What a great feeling! I am still reading Potter at the moment (which I find inspiring) but I'll check out AJ next, thanks.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Mx said...

Haha! It must be fantastic to see through your thighs, whatever the view ;) What a great post, you're doing so well. 3kg to go - OMG!!!!!

2:56 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yay for feeling those bones!! :-)
And good on you for going to pilates!!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Yay for bones that are appearing after so long. I know exactly how you feel. It is so strange to find them again. Must read AJ's book. I read part of it and it was so good. Have fun!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

That must have been quite a moment in the pilates class.

The AJ books are good. I have browsed through the second one but not bought it yet and i gave the first one to my mum.

11:30 AM  
Blogger C said...

Chunk of light? That's great! Also, I know what you mean about bones. I love touching my collar bones just to reassure myself every day, yup, still there. Sounds a bit silly but there you go! That books sounds really interesting, I might give it a go. Also, thanks your comments, I really appreciate them. :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

I love AJ - I have that mantra on my fridge!!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home