Monday, August 29, 2005

7th loss in 8 weeks

Not much of a loss - 0.2 - but definitely better than a gain. According to my scales, I stayed the same but I will take the loss according to the WW scales as it isn’t very often that it works this way around !!!!
Have been feeling very ordinary today - not really sure why although it may have something to do with Al leaving yesterday. While I had a good week last week in terms of total points and sugar points, I have been dismal in my attempts to drink water, eat the correct food groups and exercise so I don’t suppose I can complain about the 0.2 loss.
I haven’t tracked for the past 3 days but know that I was way below points on each day - and, according to AJ, did a poor job of keeping my metabolism going with very few snacks due to not wanting to eat the wrong thing but having to wait until I could have something that I knew the point value of or until we were somewhere where I could actually get something to eat that fitted i.e. something that wasn’t going to count towards my sugar points.
Today I went to K-Mart to buy some foundation and some emery boards and came out with a Geurlain chocolate (and no foundation !) which I promptly ate on the way back to work - go figure how that happened !!!!!! But, it did and I need to just move on.
After weigh-in tonight, Kaitlin and I went and bought some grilled fish and chips for dinner - I dished up a fair size portion of chips but landed up only eating about ½ the portion. The dory was just beautiful.
Al’s flight was delayed an hour in Brisbane as they were waiting for people to clear customs - so it was an hour later before he got in that side and got to the hotel. He said that the flight wasn’t bad but then thought that they had lost his luggage because there were only two of them waiting for their suitcases off the carousel - eventually it arrived so that was good. When I mailed him this morning I said “1 down 41 to go” and he mailed me back saying “If I go back to sleep now for a while will that be 2 down and only 40 to go?” - if only it was that easy !!!! Anyway, he is back in the thick of it and enjoying doing what he is qualified to do - so that is a good thing.
Coles phoned me again today to see if I could work 10 - 2am - they just don’t get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t know why they waste a phone call every Monday because I say no, sorry I can’t work 10 - 2 and they say Oh well - just thought we would try !!!!!!!!
Anyway, am off to get the washing done and lunches made for tomorrow. Tomorrow night we are going to a dinner at Southport Sharks so won’t be able to make pilates - rather sorry about that as I had to miss last week because of the tummy bug. Will make sure that I have enough points saved as it is only $5.00 (normally $20) for the buffet !!!!!! The good thing is that I can’t eat the same volume of food that I used to be able to eat so I am sure that the points won’t be too bad at the end of the evening PLUS if I wear my size 10’s I won’t be able to eat too much otherwise I won’t be able to breathe !!!!!!
Take care everyone and have a great week !

TFTD : One cannot get through life without pain ……… what we can do is choose how to use the pain that life presents us.

TIAGF : My loss this week

6 Comments:

Blogger Chubbymum said...

I tried pilates but couldn't do it. OMG you must really love it to keep going. It looks so simple but it is quite a hard exercise. Well done!! ;-)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Well done Linda. You have a great attitude and that buffet sounds fabulous. It is so true that we just can't put away the volume of food anymore. It is great isn't it :)

I love your TFTD. Thank you.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Like the pain message. My scales have me just under the 100kg mark for the first time in 5 years. Unfortunately they are about 3 or so kg lighter than the weight watchers ones. Bugger the scales.

9:43 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Congratulations. All that time with AL home it is amazing that you didn't gain. Good work Linda. Enjoy your buffet.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Well done on another loss - as you know, every loss takes you that step closer to your goal :-)
Great plan re: your jeans and the buffet!!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Like you keep telling everyone....a loss is a loss is a loss :-) Well done! Snacks are so important. Try a keep a apple or muesli bar in your hand bag for emergencies. Mmm, fish and chips. I feel like fish tonight now. You're even closer to your goal now, whoot! I am so excited for you. Maybe we'll make goal together LOL.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home