Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Last post as a 39 year old !

I’m back after an unplanned absence. When I started journaling I made the decision that this would be inspirational and motivating to read (at least most of the time) and, while I don’t mind having the odd whinge about something, I didn’t want to turn it into a pity party. I feel that people have too little spare time as it is without wasting their time reading journals which are not inspiring and, with that in mind coupled with the fact that I have been feeling very sorry for myself I haven’t posted in a while.
That has come to an end now as I have been reading some of my TFTD and realised that it is all about choices, and right now I am choosing to have a positive attitude towards being by myself and being able to cope with what comes up !
So here goes - I managed to stay on track with my food very well until yesterday. I didn’t weigh in this week because Kaitlin and I had tickets for the Delta Goodrem concert on Monday night – what a fantastic evening !!!! Delta is such a great performer and has such a stage presence. She really looked like she wanted to be there and was having so much fun performing. Al and I have been to quite a few rock concerts and there haven’t been many where the performers have been so enthusiastic. Kaitlin just loved it.
She has been wonderful since Al left – doing her chores without me having to ask more than once or twice, getting started on her homework when she gets home from school – not the usual sit and watch TV waiting for someone to get home and tell her to do her homework, working on her assignments without waiting until the day before they are due etc etc – all in all, she has been a lovely child and a pleasure to have around.
I started on the ab exercises as per M’s post from a while ago on Saturday – boy could I feel it the next day. But I have been very good – except didn’t do any Monday night because I worked my lunch hour and left early so that we could get up to Brisbane for the show. Last night I went to pilates and we did different ab exercises – was going to do them when I got home but got side tracked with washing and some other chores and so didn’t manage to get around to them but I didn’t feel too bad as I had already have an hours exercise at pilates.
Yesterday we were called into a meeting at 10.30 only to find it was a surprise morning tea for two of turning 40 on Thursday – the other lady is the payroll lady who only works part time and won’t be in on Thursday – that was sort of the start of my undoing ! Lots of lovely eats which I managed to stay away from but then they brought out the marble mud cake and I couldn’t resist some – then they gave me some to take home for Kaitlin but what a big piece – I couldn’t let her eat it all by herself so I had some after dinner. That lead to some chocolate which I should never have bought in the first place which lead to more chocolate a little while later in between getting a load into the machine and another out the dryer and folded. No point in dwelling too much on it – I’ve eaten it and it is over.
I am going to weigh tonight although am not too confident as, although I have been within my points, I know that I have had too many sugar points. For all that I said I didn’t want any fuss for my birthday I have got three lunches this week (today, tomorrow and Friday). Kaitlin has asked if we could go out for my birthday on Sunday (I’m working all the other nights) so I said yes and it will be a celebration for her as well as she made her house trials for the 100m, 200, 400, 800, 1500, high jump, long jump, shot putt, discus and javelin for the sports carnival. Tomorrow night I am donating blood at 6.10pm (you have to book a bed to donate now) and then I think that Kaitlin and I will go to the local centre and have some sushi before going home, getting her to bed and going off to work. Mom and Dad are a little disappointed we aren’t going there for dinner but there just isn’t enough time in the day. They want to sleep over tonight so that they can wish me when I wake up – I said that they were more than welcome to stay or they could just pop over in the morning (they stay about 5kms away from us) so will chat to them later today and see what they want to do.

Had better get back to work - heaps of catching up to do after month end before the next one comes around !
Take care everyone, be good and look after yourselves !


TFTD : There is no failure, only delays on the road to success.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pleased you are back - have a wonderful birthday!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Glad you are feeling positive. Have a great, happy, and exciting beginning to the "naughty Forties"!!!!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

This is a great post Linda. Kaitlin really does sound like a lovely girl. And congratulations to her for making all those sports. Gee, how will she fit it all in??

Have a great last day at 39. Will be back tomorrow to wish you a very happy birthday.

I love the TFTD. It is so true :)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

So glad to see you back! Kaitlin sounds so well behaved at the moment, what an angel! Hope u enjoy your many birthday celebrations :)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Welcome back - have really missed your posts. Glad you are feeling a bit more positive now. Your daughter sounds gorgeous and so clever and sporty too - you must be so proud!!
Have a great birthday!!! Will be thinking of you!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

YAY, I've had several close friends turn 40 in the past year! Glad you looked over yout TFTDs because they are pretty inspirational. Sounds like you also took a good dose of your own medicine. And I'm still blown away by your daughter. She's awesome, just like her mum hey. HAPPY BIRTHDAY matey! I hope you have a most brilliant day and thanks for the pics you sent me too. They are great.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

Glad to see you back:)
Just came in to say 'Happy Birthday'!!
Hope you have a great day

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home