Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Twice in one day

Am sitting here getting rather frustrated - have received some e-mails from Al but can't manage to get hold of him on a telephone - and, I really want to talk to him.
Anyway, haven't had the best day today - points wise I was doing great until we got home. We had a check up with the dentist this afternoon - luckily neither of us needed any work done. Will have to keep an eye on K's back teeth - she came with as she has one which aches with sweet or cold things. The x-rays picked up that she still has a baby tooth and the dentist said that he thinks it will be at least another year before it is ready to come out - she will be 14 and still have a baby tooth !! Mind you, she was nearly 18 months before she got her first tooth - we had to take her to the dentist to find out if she actually had any teeth as everyone else's kids had teeth - she was walking and running around with no teeth !!! Maybe that will account for her keeping them so long - the dentist assured us that the longer they have their baby teeth the better it is for them.
We decided to have grilled fish and chips for dinner tonight as the local shop has a special on Monday and Tuesday - last night I had made a pasta dish out of a WW magazine so we had the fish tonight. It was probably the best piece of fish I have had in I don't know how long BUT I did also have some of K's chips - which was okay as I counted them in. Last night I had bought a Boost - they are the yummiest chocs I have had in ages - well I ate one section last night and put the other piece in the fridge for K. I didn't tell her it was there and after she went to bed tonight I sat watching the cricket and ate it myself. Then I worked out the points -bloody hell 5 points for this teeny tiny bit of chocolate !!!! But, too late to do anything about it so I have written it in my tracker and will have to do some damage control with my sweet points this week.
Then I got to thinking of ways to make my points (and more importantly, sugar points) go further and came up with these options :
- if you dont' write what you eat in your tracker, the points don't count
- if you buy something for someone else and then eat it yourself, you don't have to count the points
- if you buy something and eat it before you get it home or back to work, you don't have to count those points either
- if you buy something and nobody you know sees you eating it, you don't have to count the points
- if, when you have finished eating something, you realise that you didn't really feel like eating it in the first place and only ate it because it was there, you don't have to count the points
- if you eat something and don't enjoy it, you don't have to count the points
- if you go somewhere and someone offers you something to eat and they aren't a WW member, you don't have to count the points
- anything I have eaten after midnight last night and before midnight tonight, doesn't count towards any points tally which I am supposed to be keeping
- if I eat while standing up, I don't have to count the points of the food consumed while standing - only count the points eaten when I am actually sitting down and eating
-whatever you eat while you are drinking water, doesn't count towards your daily points
-if you imagine you are eating a carrot stick when, in fact you are eating a chocolate / biscuit / piece of cake, the points for that don't count. It is the points value for the food you are imagining which count, not the food you are actually eating.
I think that with using the above, I could probably make my points last a lot longer than the do at the moment.

I have managed to drink my water for the past two days - not the full 2L each day but at least 1L per day - not the best I know, but at least it is an improvement on no water at all. I was going to start the ab exercises after pilates tonight but think that I will give it a miss and maybe try to do it tomorrow night after the hair dresser. We will be having left over pasta and veggie soup for dinner so I don't have to cook - only re-heat - yay for left overs !!!!!! I used to hate having leftovers as a kid - now I can understand why my Mom always liked to have a leftovers night.
I have a dreadful headache - I thought it may have been because I was hungry before I went to pilates but, after having eaten my dinner and the Boost, I have still got the headache so may try to call Al again and if I can get hold of him I will talk to him and if I can't I am going to have a soak in the bath and an early night (bearing in mind the best laid plans of mice and men often don't come to fruitition !!!)

TFTD : The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.

11.15pm - Al managed to get hold of me earlier to tell me that they are going out to having something to eat and I should phone him at the hotel at 11.30 - yay, I can talk to him again. I haven't spoken to him since Sunday morning and it has been just dreadful !!!
1.00am - YAY for Skype and the Internet - have just spent a wonderful 90 minutes talking to Al - it was great. Took a bit to get it up and running (we were on the landline to start with) but when it was working, it was a lot clearer talking to him through Skype than it was on the landline. At least now we know we can talk for as long as we want / can for free - can't beat that can you ??????
Have a great day everyone and take care !

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Oi, cheeky. I am going to pretend you didn't post those point cheats ;-) You sound a little stressed so it's probably a stress headache or that boost! Hope you hear from Al soon so you can relax {{{HUGS}}}.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Nice to have such a long talk. Hope your head feels better.

I don't even want to think about those new points rules!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I LOVE the points rules. Now to go and convince someone here who is not a ww member to pass me a freddo frog. Thanks for the laugh.

Have a wonderful day and very happy to hear that you spoke to Al. Cheers :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Linda
the ideas that you came up with to not count points made me giggle!
Hey, it's a small world, isn't it. My husband is from South Africa, too (Cape Town). He and his family moved over here in 1993, and I met him in 1994, and we've been married 8 years this Christmas. I haven't been over there, but I'd like to go one day.
It's hard when your hubby is away. Take care of yourself and lots of hugs from me.
Rachel : )

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Love your new point 'rules' hehehe
I also love love love Boost bars....mmmmmmm!
What is skype??

Cheers P

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home