Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Gain 1.3kg

SW : 86.1kg
CW : 73.5kg
Gain for the week : 1.3kg
Loss to date : 12.6kg

I NEVER thought I would be happy to say that I had a gain of 1.3kg – but I am !!!! It is definitely a lot less than I thought it would be and I am thinking that because it went on over a short period of time, it really should be able to come off over a short period of time (here’s hoping anyway !!)
As I said yesterday, I have decided not to stress over it – my clothes still fit me, my work pants still look fine without me having to have to go up a size (the clothes in my cupboard range from size 12 through to size 20), my casual clothes (jeans) are still fine and more importantly, I don’t feel like I have turned back into a fat, frumpy and soon to be 40 year old !!!!!
I bought one of those exercise balls yesterday but then left it at work which wasn’t the brightest thing I have done so couldn’t get started on it last night. Tonight I have got pilates and, as Kaitlin is staying over with my folks for the night, Al said that we should go out for dinner. I will only have a main course and no desserts so that should make it a little better than going the whole hog !!
I was looking at the instructions in the exercise ball when I was standing in the store trying to decide what size ball I need to buy (does anyone know if there is a right or wrong size ?) and thought that if I go to pilates once a week (am waiting to see what my increase is and whether or not I can afford to go twice a week), the gym at home plus the ab workout from M alternating with the exercise ball plus the ab workout from M – I may be able to tone my body more than exercise it but I think that it what I am looking for – of course whether I will be able to organize all that with having to do everything at home while Al is away is another story. But, if I don’t aim higher enough, I’ll never know. What I do know is that I won’t be too hard on myself if I don’t manage to achieve all of the above because I know it is going to be difficult with Al away . Now I don’t know if it is because we have been together for so long but when he is not there I feel really strange – it is hard to explain but I just know that I don’t feel right.
Well had better get on with work – thought I would get this posted early as I don’t know if I am going to have a chance later.
Take care everyone and have a great week !

TFTD : Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.

7 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

You will soon get rid of that extra weight. Glad it wasn't too bad for you. Yes - "tweenage girls" - very difficult time.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Alright, one quick comment before I retire to obscurity for a few days...

WELL DONE! I knew you did pretty well. That is nothing compared how you would have eaten on a holiday before right!? You know how to get rid of it too. You've got the best attitude!!

There is a "right" size for fitballs depending on your height. I was fitted by a medical dude but I am sure they can do that in the sports stores for you too. For my height (178cm), I was told to buy the 65cm ball.

Oh, is AL going to go to Taiwan? LOL at your daughter. I was a very moody teenager and I think whether Al is there or not, you'll have to deal with it. I know I don't have kids but man, they have so much more information these days, at a younger age and you have to compete with them thinking they already know everything. Good luck!

I hope you have a good first week back!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I love your TFTD. And I think you will need to use it too :)

Well done on the gain not being that high. It shows that even whilst you had fun on your holidays you must have made some quite good choices.

I hope you have a wonderful day :)

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow great job of minimising that holiday gain :D
So I guess Al decided to go after all huh? Could that be what has gotten into Kaitlin??
I got an exercise ball for my birthday and I love it. Just bouncing around on it and rolling on it while watching tv is all i've done so far but that's gotta be better than sitting on the bed like a big stuffed potato!! *wink*

Cheers P

1:38 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Lol - ah teenage hormones! My Mum is just on the last of her 4 teenagers going through the attitude stage so she could tell you all about it! :-) I'm glad your gain wasn't too bad - knowing you, you'll be rid of it in no time.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

Hey after 2wks holiday thats not too bad at all! Well done!
I didn't realise there was a size fit for swiss balls, i just brought a cheap one, though I'm glad I had got to 5kg lost when I brought it because before that i was above the recommended weight, oops!
Hope K comes right soon - I seem to remember being a little madam is part of growing up!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gain was not too bad at all! You will soon be back to where you were! Mmmmm - memories of teenage daughters! I had two of them - it does get better...

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home