Friday, September 02, 2005

A lovely day off

I seem to have had a busy few days lately - not really sure why - oh yes, I do know - because I have been walking in the evenings !!!!! YAY for the exercise !!
I went for a longer walk last night - I have to say that I find it rather boring walking by myself - it is much better when Al is with me and we can talk or look at things together. I asked K to get our MP3 player out (it is quite old but I am sure will still do the trick) - the only problem was that the batteries were flat so will have to buy some more either today or tomorrow and then if I have that with me I am sure it will help to pass the time. I started out walking quite quickly but then started day dreaming a little and found myself walking slower and slower until I realised it and sped up again.
I had a route sort of planned in my head but then got a call to say that Al was on Skype so turned one road earlier and sped up home. They must have done something with the Skype programme as it is much better this time around - we have used it most nights without any problem. We even managed to get hold of Al this morning (it is Gold Coast Show day today - YAY !!!) and, while we were woken at 7.15 with a phone call from someone who needs to take something back for Al, the morning got better as K got up and brought me breakfast in bed. Such a good girl - most of the time !!!!!!
Then we went and cycled the two routes that I walked this week - 3.5kms and 5.3kms - so that was good now at least I have a distance for the two walks and can either try to make them longer or take less time to walk them.
We are off to Brisbane this afternoon to the Riverfest and my folks are going to come with us - I am sure that we will enjoy it and it will be good to do something different.
Take care, be good and have a great weekend !

TFTD : Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.

TIAGF : The motivation to get out there and exercise.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Music definitely helps with the pace :)

And breakfast in bed - woohoo!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I agree with Kathrynoh, waling to the beats keeps you constant. I couldn't walk without music because I would find it boring too.

Sounds like you've got a great afternoon planned and hey, what's a Skype?

I hope you have a good weekend missy :-)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

You did well with the exercise. Yes it is nice to have someone to walk with. Hope you have a nice time at Riverfest. Have a lovely weekend.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

whoohoo for exercise! I must invest in an mp3 player soon! I find the thought of walking on my own a lil boring but once I get out there, i love being totally absorbed in my own thoughts. Hope u have a marvellous wknd!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Hey there. Just wanted to write a quick note to thank you for coming to my gig. It was really lovely to meet you (sorry it was all a bit rushed!), and I hope we can meet up again sometime! Hope you enjoyed it.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Good on you for all your exercise, well done! Glad you have been able to talk to Al each night. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home