Monday, August 08, 2005

Water

At least I managed to get some water into me over the weekend – not something that happens very often. I took a big bottle with me when I went walking yesterday and then had quite a bit last night. This morning I have managed to get nearly 1 ½L down so that is all good – the only problem is that I start off really well in the week but by Thursday or Friday it has all gone to pot and I am lucky to get down 2 glasses never mind 2L. Oh well – what to do except keep on trying.
Other than that – food has been good today – overate last night on the dried fruit on top of the lovely meal we had with our friends yesterday afternoon / evening so I went to bed feeling a little like Porky Pig – felt much better when I woke up this morning but am not sure that I am looking forward to the scale gods tonight !!! I really need to get my act together with these last few kilos – I think that part of the problem is that I don’t feel so overweight and awful and while I will never be skinny again, I am certainly feeling a lot happier with myself and how I look.
Probably won’t get any exercise in tonight as I have to go to weigh and Kaitlin needs to be taken to pick up something at a friend’s house – then it will be dinner, homework and off to work. We are starting a new roll cage system tonight – am not sure how it is going to work because it looks like it will make things more difficult (at least initially) rather than easier. The hours budget is getting cut (I can’t remember by how much) which means we are going to have to pack quicker than 48 cartons an hour – this should be fun for the people who are battling to keep up with the 48 per hour now !!!! So should be lots of fun and games at work tonight – will let you know how it goes tomorrow. Of course it also depends on how late the load gets in because, being Monday, it can arrived anytime from 3pm until 1am !!!!!
Kaitlin made me laugh on the weekend – she jumped into bed with me one morning for a cuddle and then said “Gee Mom – you are so warm” I told her it was because I had been under the doona. She replied “No Mom – you are sizzling hot – that is why you have to keep your wedding ring on when Dad is away otherwise the guys will be chasing you” – now, I KNOW FOR A FACT that no-one will be chasing me (apart from Al) but it was so precious to hear her say that. She really has been so supportive of me and how I am doing along the way – if she doesn’t come with me when I go to weight, she normally runs to the door when she hears the garage door opening ‘How did you do Mom ? How did you do?” – the lovely thing is when I put on she says “Well – it could have been worse it could have been (and then adds 1kg onto whatever my gain was)” – out of the mouths of babes !
Take care everyone – have a great week and ONLY 3 SLEEPS TO GO !!!!!!

TFTD : It is good to have an end to journey towards; but, it is the journey that matters, in the end.

TIAGF : Starting the week with all my chores at home done

6 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

What do you do for a job that you pack 48 cartons an hour?

1:43 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I have just enjoyed reading your weekend postss and looking at your photos. You have a lovely daughter who obviously loves her mum very much. Gee 48 cartons an hour, that is busy, busy. I loved reading all the details of your weekend and your thought son coping without Al. You really have an excellent attitude. Won't be long till he is hoem. Enjoy your 2 weeks together and make some graet memories to help whil ehe is away again.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Yes keep going with the water - it does help I'm sure. Only 3 sleeps till HE comes home - that's exciting.
Sounds like you and your daughter get on so well, that's great.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Well done on the water! I find when I am struggling, I set myself a limit and I have to drink that much water before I am allowed any other drinks. It works!
I've said it before but your girl is just the best! I really hope that Amelia and I can have such a great relationship :-)

5:54 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a great thing to say. And I bet guys have been eyeing you off - you just haven't picked up on it because of your focus on A & K.

3 sleeps to go .. Whooo Hoooo

8:56 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Well done on drinking your water hon and for trying as much as you can manage. I know how hard it can be. I can certainly see how getting the last few kilos off will be challenging. We definitely start to feel so much better about ourselves and I've had to kick my own bum to stay on track. You can do it!

Hehe..and you are a hottie hon! Whoot for Al being back home very soon :-)

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home