Sunday, August 07, 2005

Pounding the pavements at last

We have had a great weekend - what a pity it is just about over !!! Yesterday Kaitlin and I had our muffins (and my folks joined us which was really lovely). After doing some shopping we came home and went for a good 1 hour walk. On the way stopped off to see one of the Boys Town Prize Homes - quite nice but not nearly big enough for us and our furniture but lovely to win !!!!! After that I took K to get her hair cut before we came home and I landed up having a nap in front of the TV until it was time to do dinner before going to work.
Having decided that I wasn’t going to stay late at work, when the manager asked I couldn’t find it in myself to say no as I know that he was battling to get the load finished. Anyway, by the time I got home and phoned Al and spoke to him for a while it was after midnight when I got to bed. Managed to sleep in until 7am this morning and then got up and went for another walk along the Broadwater (1¼ hours) which was great as K wasn’t with me and I could really step it out. While I was walking I was thinking to myself “A 60’s girl. A 60’s girl” - no point in not being positive !!!!!! Mind you, after the week that I have had I don’t really expect to do that at all, but I can always aim high !!!!! I was also thinking about how I could get walking more and think that I may try to walk during my lunch hour - we have showers at work so I can probably change, walk for ½ hour, go back to the uni, have a shower and get back to the office within an hour. At first I was thinking that what was the point for only 30 minutes of exercise but then I realised that ½ hour of walking would be better than nothing. There are a couple of things which I have to get done during my lunch hours this week but it is certainly something I am going to try to work into the days ahead.
This afternoon we went to some friends (I thought for a BBQ but it landed up being a roast) with some roast potatoes (which I couldn’t resist) and some lemon meringue pie (which I only had a little bit of).
Anyway, am off to watch us last the last 2 wickets in the cricket and then watch the Broncos in their game against Manly - we should win that one but you just never know with footy !!!
Take care everyone - have a great week and be good to yourselves - you are all worth it !

TFTD : The only thing in life achieved without effort is failure

TIAGF : The typhoon which has moved on from Taiwan so Al’s travel arrangements home don’t have to be changed !!!!

LeisaB had the link to the Louise Hay cards - I have been picking one each day (when I remember) and they are really good to give you something to think about during the day. Mine for today was “I am at one with all the people on the planet” - how true is that with all the friends I have made through blogging - thank you all for being my friend !

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Those cards are great - and you are welcome ;)

It is not that people do not notice you have lost weight, you can bet that they do. But they are too proud to mention it because then it will highlight to themselves that they have not done anything themselves. You are the bigger person here (well the smaller person - but you get my point) and as long as you know you have done it, to heck with them and their non-comments..

I hope you have a brilliant night, and a great day tomorrow. :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Gosh have missed out on lots this weekend!!

Love the photos - looks like you really were spoilt - everything looks so lovely! :-)

Kaitlin's haircut looks gorgeous! She really is so beautiful.

Glad you had a great weekend!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Well done for the nice long walk. Hair cut looks lovely. Such lovely thick hair.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I think sometimes people are just oblivious to others.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home