Friday, July 22, 2005

Thank you !

Thanks again for all those lovely birthday wishes – I had a fantastic day ! With the exception of Al not being able to share it with us, it has probably been one of the best birthdays I have had. I got a lovely surprise when I got back from lunch – there was a lovely bouquet of flowers waiting for me on my desk – from Al and Kaitlin. I sent Al an SMS to thank him for them and he sent back that Kaitlin had done all the organizing for them – when I spoke to her she told me what she had done – such an ingenious child !!!! I was trying to post pictures last night of my spoils but ran out of time so will try to get to it on the weekend (because I can’t remember how I did it last time and will have to go through the whole thing again – bugger – this memory loss in old age really is true !!!)
Foodwise – I had an okay sort of day – small piece of cake at work and two squares of chocolate when I got home from Coles – at least that slab is now gone and I won’t be giving in to temptation when next I am shopping – if it isn’t in the house, I am fine – if it is in the house, sometimes I just can’t help eating it !!!!
Nothing too exciting planned for the weekend – we are off to my folks for dinner tonight. Then tomorrow it will be a day at home (after muffins of course !) catching up on all the chores – inside and outside. Maybe we can do something different on Sunday – will see what happens.
Following on from M’s journal entry during the week re the success of losing weight and staying at goal for people who journal and who list one thing to be grateful for each day – I have decided to add a daily “Grateful List” to my entry. So, along with my TFTD, I will have my TIAGF (Today I am grateful for) entry !!

TFTD : Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness.

TIAGF : The love and support of my family and friends not only while Al is away, but all the time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

LOL my last two boyfriends felt the same way about flowers. Gosh, Al and Kaitlin are just too gorgeous and I am so glad that you had a fantastic day. Really like the TIAGF you added to your posts too now :-)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Just beautiful Linda. I am so glad you had a great birthday. Have a brillaint weekend :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Glad you had a lovely day. How sweet of them to organise the flowers. Have a great weekend.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I love getting flowers, even if they die eventually! It's such an indulgent thing, I think that's why I love them.
Glad you had a great birthday and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday! I really hope you had a good day : )

12:18 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

Glad to hear u had such a nice day! I understand the flowers thing - the only flowers my boy has ever given me were velvet roses one valentines day - still look gorgeous now but its not quite the same as beautiful scented fresh flowers! Hope u enjoy them :)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home