Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Loss this week - 0.1kg

SW : 86.1kg
CW : 72.2kg
Loss for the week : 0.1kg
Loss to date : 13.9kg

Well I did go to weigh last night and lost 0.1 which sees me 0.2 short of the goal I set myself before we went on holiday. I was rather disappointed with this when I was driving home as it is definitely short of my 0.5kg per week goal I set myself a while ago. Then I got to thinking and remembered something I had read somewhere – if you aim high and fail you will probably have achieved more than if you had aimed low and succeeded. So, on that note I decided that I had done bloody well to have lost what I have and I am more than happy with going away 0.2 away from the goal I set myself. Having said that, when I woke up this morning and jumped on the scales I was 71.4kg sooooooo as long as I continue to do what I have been doing (plus up the water and veggies !!) I am sure that the 0.2 will be off by Saturday. And, if it isn’t, the sun will still come up and we will still be going on holiday !!!
We went to visit some friends of ours last night – it was so good to catch up with them as we haven’t seen them for ages. We tend to get stuck in the “We must get together sometime’ rut and yesterday I just thought – after weigh-in and dinner we will go around – so I phoned to check they were going to be in and that is what we did – it was really good ! Nathan, if you are reading this – thanks in advance for your help – I really appreciate it !!!!
Just had a call from school – Kaitlin is not well again. Luckily Al was able to get the car from the service and go to pick her up. She had some cough mixture this morning and he thinks she is high !!!! He has taken her home to sleep it off – she was fast asleep in the car on the way home from school.Then he has to drive to Burleigh to try to get a part for the pool as that has been leaking for we don’t know how long but because of all the rain we haven’t noticed the level of the pool dropping !!! Hopefully that is the three things – the plumbing problem and the wet carpet, the blocked toilet and now the pool leaking. Roll on Saturday !!!!!
Sorry – no more time for any more waffle – will try to post at least once more before we leave – time is just running away from me at the moment and with something on every night I am not sure when I will get chance to update.

My TFTD is rather long – it was sent to me by a very dear friend living in Oman – and it is so very, very true !!!

Someone will always be prettier. They will always be smarter. Their house will be bigger. They will drive a better car. Their children will do better in school. Their husband will fix more things around the house.

So let it go, and love you and your circumstances. Think about it..... The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart. The most highly favored woman on your job may be unable to have children. The richest woman you know -- she's got the car, the house, the clothes, might be lonely.

So.......love you. Love who you are right now. Tell yourself "I am too blessed to be stressed." Be blessed ladies and pass this on to encourage another woman.

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world".

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and was good to see you back into it! Any loss is a loss and they add up also it's better losing even a small amount rather than having a gain. Wind down and start getting into the holiday mode:)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

A loss is a loss is a loss! Whoot! You are doing so well Linda, considering your lifestyle (home, work, play) as well. I'm glad you decided not to be too hard on yourself too because like we all say, put it in perspective with how much you have lost in total, wow :-) You so need to go on your holiday now. I can't wait for you! What an awesome TFTD aswell, cheers.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

Well done on the loss - as Mary said, a loss is a loss :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That is just beautiful. And it is so true. We don't know how other people really live their lives, we only know ourselves. And ourselves is pretty good (great grammar!).

Congratulations on your loss and on your fantastic attitude. Hope you have a wonderful day and if you don't get a chance to post beforehand - have a brilliant holiday. Cheers :)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thanks for the great TFTD, we should all remember to ocunt our blessings. Hope you have a lovely holiday

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am too blessed to be stressed!
Ahhhh...my new motto...that's so zen...I love it!!
Congrats on your mind re-shuffle. You have reached your goal in my mind...golly 0.2kg could have been the difference between a number 1 and a number 2 that morning....hahahahaha!!! I'm kidding of course but you get the point??
You are doing bloody excellant and you show us all how to move ahead :)
Have a FANTASTIC holiday

Cheers P
http://paulenesjournaljourney.homestead.com/paulene.html

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home