Thursday, June 09, 2005

Another Thursday down (nearly !)

I am feeling absolutely buggered today – don’t know why as it wasn’t an extremely difficult load last night – really battled to get up when the alarm went off this morning. But I am at work – having a very frustrating day – but, what can you do ???? The campuses are driving me nuts at the moment – you wouldn’t think that things they are supposed to do each and every month could be so difficult !!!!
Anyway, moving on, I didn’t exercise (apart from my 4 hours of packing) last night – was just too tired – it was all I could do to get up and get dressed at 8.30 to go to work !! My folks are coming around for dinner tonight so don’t know that I will get anything in tonight either – think I may give myself a break this week as I am feeling really exhausted.
Onto the food front – as this holiday is instead of a 40th party where we pay for everyone to have a great time and it costs us an arm and a leg, I said to Al I would rather go away somewhere for the 3 of us – hence the holiday to Great Barrier Reef. Now, if I reach my goal of 72kg before next Saturday, I don’t really want to blow that for 2 weeks away BUT, when you are in a hotel with 3 meals a day – WHAT DO YOU DO ???? I thought that maybe I would try some of the foods but make a concerted effort to keep my portions small AND if they bring the meals already dished up – send back what I don’t NEED to eat. The thing is – it is my birthday 3 weeks after we get back and I would have loved to have been at goal for that – now that I realise that it is only 3 weeks, realistically, it isn’t going to happen. And, if I am honest with myself, I suppose that even if we weren’t going away, expecting me to lose 1kg per week when I am 5kgs away from goal is a tad unrealistic as well !!! So, maybe what I will do is the following – try to exercise control over my portion sizes, not eat just for the sake of eating and try to keep up the exercise.
K and I never thought we would get Al to a holiday where there is beach and water (none of us are beach and water people but K and I do like to tan !!!) so when he said “What about the Barrier Reef” we jumped at the chance. When I spoke to him about how worried I was about putting on weight when I am trying so hard to lose it, his reply was “Never mind, we’ll just do more exercise” to which K and I just groaned !!!! BUT, that may be the answer I am looking for – if I can keep the exercise up, and do my best with the eating, maybe this won’t be a complete disaster on the weight loss front !!!! Maybe, maybe, maybe !!!!! If you have any suggestions on what else I can do – please let me know because I don’t want a two week holiday to turn into a 5kg (or worse!!!) nightmare.
Thanks again guys – it is great to know that there is so much support out there ! I am sure I will have to draw on more than a little motivation and inspiration when I get back !!
Take care and have a great day !

TFTD : You don’t get to choose how you are going to die. Or when. But, you can decide how you are going to live now.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Boy you are quick off the mark...my latest update was published less than a minute and you'd alredy left a guestbook message about it!!! :)
As usual I replied to it but as it does every time it came back undeliverable...gives me the sh*t's so I'm giving up using that email address that you supply.
Don't worry too much about your holiday....easy to say for someone who did gain 5kg on a one week holiday this February *blush*
Just take Al up on all his exercise...perhaps try to eat WW friendly meals for breakfast and lunch then explore whatever you like for tea?? Take all your usual snacks...which in your case is pretty much nutbars and rice crackers only *wink* and I bet you'll do fine.
You'll be so busy exercising that you won't even miss us other journallers stuck back in our normal day-to-day rut...hehehe
Cheers P

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hi Linda, thought I had better check you out since you have taken the time to post a comment on my blog. I hope you really enjoy your holiday away.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I think what you have planned to do while you are away sounds great! Very sensible and achieveable I think :-)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Do you work day and evening!? I can't complain anymore. Don't worry about the exercise too much. The Coles work would definitely count. I also took the last 2 days off exericse because I've been buggered. With going away, you've got the right idea and I know you can do it. I think you are so conscious about your efforts now, that you won't be able to help but make better choices :-) Just go have a great time. You deserve it!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linda - we went to Fiji last year and didn't do too much damage at all. Breakfast was at the motel every morning and I filled up lots of fresh fruit and then had either cereals or grilled tomatoes, baked beans or eggs and toast (left the bacon / sausages etc). Lunch we ate out but were usually full from breakfast, so maybe just a sandwich. Ate at the restaurant every night but seemed to be healthy chocies so not too bad. Should send your hubby away with mine! He's not a beach/book person like me - although we comprimise a bit. I think on holidays you tend to go for more walks sightseeing so you will get some exercise.

Main thing - just do your best, make healthy choices, don't worry too much and last of all enjoy!!!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - we won't forget you - will be looking forward to your update when you get back!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Have a great time! Just make sure you drink plenty of water and have some healthy snacks during the day. You will be having fun and exercising at the same time. Don't worry you will be OK!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

We won't forget you. In fact, I'll forget you are on holidays and check in everyday anyway ;). I think that by thinking of the possibilities before you go on holidays, you'll be OK in making good choices. Yes, eat, but like you said only eat till you are full and send back the rest - even if it is the most delicious thing you have ever eaten, AND you didn't have to cook it, AND you know you don't have to clean it up.. And you'll get heaps of exercise. Walking on the sand is really hard, but great for your legs and butt..

Have a wonderful weekend, you are doing so well :)

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home