Sunday, September 18, 2005

Happy Birthday Al !

I have had a good weekend even though it has been tinged with sadness at the thought of Al having to spend his birthday away from us. Yesterday K and I had our muffins (really nice ones this week) and then wandered around the mall, went to the library and tried to get our digital camera issue sorted out - not very successful !!! Then I dropped K with my folks and went to lunch with a friend - had a lovely Turkish bread with roast veggies although I think that they used a fair amount of oil on the veggies but lovely none the less. After that it was back to collect K and then home to get some chores done before dropping K back with my folks and going to work.
Work was fine - some of the issues which were upsetting me over the past few weeks have been sorted out so that is great.
I landed up having a WW frozen meal for dinner and K had chicken and chips with my folks - when I got home I was, once again, pleased with the no junk food in the house situation as I know that I could have eaten myself up a clothing size if there had been something in the cupboards. I landed up having 3 points worth of dates so got my sugar fix through some fruit.
My water in take this weekend has been dismal - I am off to have some now but know that I am not going to even come close to 1-2L for the day - oh well, will be back on to it tomorrow.
We have had some lovely strawberries lately and this morning had a plateful each before we went out. We were going to cycle yesterday but the wind on the Gold Coast has been awful - up to 90kph so we didn’t bother. This morning we woke up and were going to go for a cycle but when we opened the garage door decided to go for a walk instead - 45 minutes later we were back home and skyping Al to wish him Happy Birthday ! He went out with some of his work mates and had ribs which he said were enjoyable but that it would have been better if we had been there. This is getting really hard to do BUT today we are half way down - 3 weeks today and we will all be together - how cool is that going to be ??????
Anyway, after our walk this morning we went down to Australia Fair as we had to return some tops which I bought for K which weren’t quite what she wanted and get some weed killer for the pavers as I have decided that my back really doesn’t need the aggravation of weeding right now as it hasn’t been too bad of late and I don’t want to jinx it now. We landed up having muffins again this morning but I was very proud of myself as I chose a savoury muffin over a sweet one - wish our Muffin Break made those same savoury muffins then I would have an extra 3 sugar points each week to spend on something else !!!!!!! Why oh why do we only get 14 sugar points a week ???? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I was eating 20 or 30 or 40 sugar points a week I put on the extra 19kgs I had to lose ??????????
After that we popped down to see my folks at their market at Broadbeach and then went to see a Boys Town show home before stopping in to see some friends and coming home.
Think I will make a tomato based pasta dish for dinner tonight - easy and quick and we will be watching the Bronco’s / Tigers game - much as I would like the Bronco’s to win, I don’t think that they had too much of a chance - right now, Tigers seem to be just too good.
Took some photos (with my head on !!) today - will see if we get to my folks so that Dad can download them to a disc and I can upload them for you to see the difference 19.2kgs has made.
On that note - take care everyone, be good and have a fantastic week !

TFTD : Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow them.

TIAGF : The motivation to get up and exercise

6 Comments:

Blogger Kt said...

well done on chosing a savoury muffin! Gosh I can't imagine such hih speed winds, that is incredible!
Glad to hear Al got to go out for his bday, you must really be looking forward to seeing him :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Birthday to Al.

With an attitude like yours, maintenance will be a doddle. In fact, you are probably being so good you will have a major loss this week. Same as Emily her first week..

I love show homes. The ones here are such a long drive away so we don't go but I just love walking through and smelling that new home smell :)

7:47 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I am picturing you enjoying the sunshine on your walks around the Gold Coast while we have rain and hail. Not long till you see Al!!! Have a good day.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Glad that time is going quickly for you and AL will soon be home. Happy Birthday to Al too!

7:45 AM  
Blogger jak said...

Would've loved a Bronco's win too Linda, or even a closer game than what we got instead. Oh well. Will be cheering the tigers on to beat the Dragons next week as they are my most-hated team. Hate the dragons! Hate them!

Anyway! Sorry for that little rant. I went to get a savoury muffin from muffin break at Pac Fair the other day but they only had ham & pineapple. I haven't had a muffin from muffin break in years, but I didn't cave into my favourite choc chip. Yum muffins! I thought of you when I was there looking at them, too. :)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Firstly, love the TFTD.

You are making some really great choices - well done - no wonder you are AT GOAL now!! :-) (wooohoo!).

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home